Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Fun stuff

As a last ditch effort yesterday, I went back to the furniture store just to measure the furniture again, and see if it just might fit through the door at a weird angle or anything. I found the gentleman who had helped us before, and we went over just to check. He flipped over the chair, and as he leaned over with the measuring tape, he bumped the leg and IT MOVED! When we looked last week, we tried to take the legs off of the ottoman and they didn't move at all. So, he tried that leg, and it came off. He also tried the legs on the couch, just to make sure, and they come off too! This takes 4 inches off the size of the furniture, which means it will fit through the door with 2 inches to spare!

I am excited, to say the least. We are going to go up and pay for it on Friday (Danny's day off) and it will be delivered sometime towards the end of the month or the beginning of September.

I'm not sure what God was trying to teach me through this, but I know it was for a reason. I'm just glad that it is going to work. We spent the evening last night measuring off the living room trying to figure out how we are going to arrange it.

So fun - thank you Lord.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great!!

Melissa said...

Well, I almost made that suggestion last week, but was sure Danny would have thought of that! I guess next time I'll make it anyway!
Glad it'll work for you!!!

A girl who sees said...

Well, we had thought of it, it's just that he tried one piece in the store and the legs didn't come off. Apparently they do come off the sofas and taller things, just not the ottoman!

Zoanna said...

Glad it worked out for you. It would be a major disappointment not to get the beloved furniture in the house, and not especially useful to sit and enjoy it on the front lawn. :)

Unrelated to this post: could Danny's parents use a set of everyday dishes? I have 43 pieces of an apple design they are welcome to have.

Kristin said...

Not that this has anything to do with furniture!! :) But I keep forgetting to ask you when I see you...do you happen to have my 9x13 pan from the 4th of July. I can't remember if I left it at your house, and before going out to buy a new one because I lost this, I thought I would ask around!!