Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Frustrations

Danny and I have decided to use my sign-on bonus for work to update our living room furniture. Last week, Mom and I looked at about 4 furniture stores, and this weekend, Danny and I looked at probably 10 more! I knew what colors I wanted, but had yet to find anything that I just fell in love with (or that we could afford).

On Sunday, we went to Value City Furniture, and I found it! I had looked at a set online that I really liked, but I wasn't sure about the microfiber fabric. (Side note - yes I'm weird, but I wasn't sure about the microfiber fabric that changes colors depending on which way it's brushed.) When I saw it in the store though - I fell in love with it! I don't mind the fabric, and I love the look of it. I don't know why, but I do.

So...we got home, and realized that because we live in the city - we don't have a full size door. Our door is two inches too small for this new furniture.

Does anybody else have times where you hope and pray for something - find it or get it, and then realize that there was something you missed and it's actually not going to work?

I know this shouldn't really be that big of a deal. I'm just disappointed and kind of frustrated. I would much rather not find something I love, than find it and realize it's not going to work.

Anybody else have times like this?

Oh, and here's the furniture, for anybody who's wondering :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found it, and so sad it won't fit....though I'm not sure God won't give you and Danny a way to make it work...We'll watch and see.

It's hard not having your way and I'm proud of you for not forging ahead until the $$ was there, instead of buying with plastic, as the world has says is easy, and it is - 'til you have to pay it off!

Hang in there....LY

Anonymous said...

I love your furniture, since sage green is a favorite color of mine. Sorry to hear about the door though. Have you thought about the windows? Probably the windows are smaller than the door, but just throwing it out there.

Our couch we paid $80 for and it has a slipcover. The good thing is that it can be taken off and oxi-cleaned. I'd love new furniture, but will wait until we have the money too.

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for you guys! I know the things of falling in love with something. Nothing else will fit the bill.
Hope you get it figured out...or find something else to fall in love with!
Lissa

Libby said...

Kjirstin,
I completely understand that feeling of wanting-finding-disappointment. It's come so often, with such precious lessons attached. God is faithful to work ALL things for our good and His glory. Like, perhaps you'll find a great deal elsewhere OR something you love even more!!!

Leanne said...

Oh, that's tough! I can't quite tell from the post - did you figure out that it wouldn't fit through the doorway *before* you bought it?!

A girl who sees said...

Oh yes, we hadn't bought it yet. We were planning to get it in another month or so. We are still thinking about the possibility of the window, but we're not sure if that will work yet or not.

Zoanna said...

Do you have a sliding glass door on the back of the house it'd fit through?

A girl who sees said...

We actually don't! Living in a rowhome basically means that every entrance is tall and skinny. But, we figured out that the legs come off, if you look at my newest post, you'll see the story :)

So excited