Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lists...tasks...fun!

I've been trying to get a lot of stuff done before I start work. There are a lot of things that got left in the dust (literally!) around the house while I was finishing up school. The last few days, since finishing the NCLEX, it has been great to finally feel on top of my house!
I've gotten all the laundry done, including the towels and blankets left from when my family was here for graduation. I finally got a book mailed back that we borrowed a little over a year ago. I finally decided that the "wipe-downs" that the kitchen and bathrooms have been getting just isn't enough. I have scrubbed two bathrooms, and have one bathroom and the kitchen left. Tomorrow, I am picking up a broom-vac at Bed Bath and Beyond, before the dust mites in this house stage a coup.
It feels so good! I know that the first few months of this job will probably be hard, with a demanding schedule for both of us. Starting out really on top of the house will mean that when we're both home, we can just enjoy being together, and maybe work on some more decorative projects, or other things we've wanted to do for fun.
One big thing I'm looking forward to doing is organizing, compiling, and printing a lot of our pictures. I have never been good at following through with getting pictures printed and into frames or books, which leaves us with a lot of great pictures that nobody will ever see. We have a huge box of frames that I'd like to fill with pictures, and a great photo album/memorabilia book of our first year together that I'd like to keep on top of.
With my laundry done and the house really clean, I'm looking forward to starting this job on Wednesday rested, relaxed, and feeling confident! I've been a little worried about the schedule, but as long as I can stay on top of house stuff, it should be just fine.

It'll be another big change, but one that I am looking forward to, I've wanted this job for almost 5 years, and it feels completely unreal that I am really about to start on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so excited for you that it's about your turn to work!!
And you need to update your occupation on your profile! (And while I was checking your profile...I can't believe your favorite movies are Pirates 1 & 2. We think those are the dumbest movies EVER!!!)
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congrads on starting your "new" job!! I just wanted to stop by and say hi.