Saturday, July 28, 2007

The new job





So, this is not a great picture, but we took it at 6:15 on Wednesday morning right befor eI left for work with Danny's camera phone, so...it's the best we've got :)

Well, I started work on Wednesday as an official RN! I worked from 6:45am-7:30pm both Wednesday and Thursday, and I LOVE IT! The early mornings (5:15-5:30 or so) are a little hard, but I think I'll get used to it.

I started out with two babies that I was assigned to on Wednesday, and I had three babies on Thursday. It is SO wonderful to finally be doing what I set out to do a long time ago. I love being the one responsible for their meds, feedings, baths, cribs, etc.

A few funny things though...I'm finding it really hard to ignore the pages on the intercom for "an available tech", asking for something. I also have to keep reminding myself to sign my name as Kjirstin Cole, RN instead of Kjirstin Cole, CNA. I've signed a few forms wrong, but it's not too hard to fix. It's also really weird when all the other nurses walk out and I'm alone in the room with 8 babies! I never could be before, because I wasn't a nurse, so it's taking a little getting used to.

I really like the 12 hour shifts, they don't feel long at all, although I am really tired afterwards.

Overall, I love it, and I'm so excited for this new stage!

Now maybe I'll have more stories to put on here. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

such cute scrubs!!! I haven't seen those...

and I'm so glad you're loving it!

Valerie said...

How neat! Working with babies sounds so exciting. I'm sure it is more nerve-wracking than it sounds though! Congratulations! I'm so glad you love it! I love the scrubs!

Matt said...

I'm so proud of you...you look great and I am SO excited that you're now getting to do what you've desired for so long...ILY.

Anonymous said...

You look very excited in that picture, despite the early morning! So glad you're doing what you love. Congratulations!