Friday, August 17, 2007

Craziness!

Wow...these last two weeks have been CRAZY! All good stuff, but I realized this morning as I sat down that this is the first day in two weeks where I am home for more than an hour after work, just to be here.

Last week, I worked Saturday and Sunday. Danny picked me up at work, and took me to the airport, so I could fly to Florida to see my parents, my sister Melissa, and her kids. We had SO much fun! It was REALLY hot, but that never really matters when you're at the beach :) We played in the water for hours on end. Jacob (5) started jumping into the water, even getting his face a little bit wet (huge victory here), and Mattie (1 1/2) stood on the edge yelling "two, two, two" when she wanted to jump in. In the ocean, it was hard to even hold on to her, she just really wanted to be let go! Obviously, not an option. Jacob floated around in the ocean in his life vest, occasionally clinging to me, Mom or Lissa. It was a great time. I had crab legs two nights in a row for dinner, had fun times and conversations with my Mom and sister, and had a great time playing with my niece and nephew. I flew home on Wednesday night, got in at ten, and worked twelve hour shifts on Thursday and Friday.

This past weekend was the first weekend in a month that I haven't had to work! It was wonderful to finally get some extended time with my hubby. This is definitely going to be one of the hardest parts of my job, working weekends and holidays that I would much rather be spending with my honey.

Today though, it is wonderful to be home, getting some desperately needed cleaning done before Danny's parents come tomorrow to stay for a week, and getting OUR NEW FURNITURE! It is being delivered today sometime between 8 and noon. I wasn't too thrilled to get up at 7:30 on my day off, but I can't wait for it to get here! I'll try and post pictures once it's here and set up. :)

Glad to be back - and hoping to post a little more often again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to spend some time with your family. Sounds like you had fun! Glad it all worked out with your furniture!