Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Prayer needed!

Many of you know that I am planning to go back to work part-time at my position in the NICU. My goal is to go back at 30%, which means one 12-hour shift per week. When I brought this idea to my boss in late October, she was not very receptive to the idea. As in, she was fairly shocked. She said she would think about it, and never said anything to me about it again before I went out on maternity leave.

Well, I emailed her last week to see if I could come in and speak with her about my hours when I return, and I am going in tomorrow at 1:00. I am extremely anxious about the whole thing. #1 - I am anxious just about the meeting. I want to keep my job, but working 2 days a week isn't an option. In the year and a half I have been there, I have fallen in love with what I do. I love the babies, the families, my coworkers, and I feel at home there. I am comfortable with who I can ask for help and advice, and with the routine there. I want to stay! #2 - I am taking Logan with me, and I am afraid that he will need to eat around that time, or scream through the whole meeting, and I don't know what to do about it!

Please pray for peace for me. Peace that God is in control of this situation, peace that Logan will do okay, and peace to say the right words. Deep down, I feel like she will let me do 30%, but I think some of that is pure denial of the fact that I just might not get to stay there. I don't want to question God if she won't let me come back.

I will let you know how it goes. Thank you!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Praying for you...keep me updated!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you today!