Saturday, January 17, 2009

Isn't it wonderful...

When God chooses to show us how He cares about the little things in life?!

A little bit of background...my mom is making a baby blanket for Logan. She crocheted a blanket for me when she was about 6 months pregnant, in the hospital trying not to have me, and it has been well loved! So, when we found out we were pregnant, I asked her if she could make a replica for our baby. We spent several weeks trying to match the colors of the yarn, and couldn't find the colors exactly. Then, Mom called one day to say that she had found the yarn...the EXACT yarn, in the basement, leftover from my blanket! She thought it would be enough to do another blanket.

Last week, I got the following email from her.

“As I finished almost the last row of color last night on Logan’s blanket, um, I began to worry if I’d have enough purple left. Check the picture for the end result."



If you look VERY closely, you can see about one inch of yarn left. How neat! It is such a little detail, but I'm very glad to have this blanket for Logan, one that matches, exactly, the one I had growing up. Made by the same hands, with the same yarn.

I love how our God loves us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE stories like these. He is a detail-oriented God, isn't He?

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

God is so good! Thanks for sharing.

Melissa said...

He does care about the little things, doesn't He?? Just to show how much He loves us.