Friday, January 16, 2009

5 weeks

Wow!! What has happened to the last 5 weeks?!

So, this post was originally going to be one about the first month of my little Logan's life, and the week got away from me. He's already 5 weeks old, I cannot believe it!

These last weeks have been full of joy and smiles, with a few tears and some frustration thrown in the mix as well. The first 3 weeks of Logan's life, we were greatly blessed for Danny to have time off to spend with us. We were also able to spend a full week with my family in Frederick over Christmas - and it was a wonderful week. :) Logan was snuggled and loved by a combination of grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. I got to spend a ton of time with my mom, sisters and aunt...it was so much fun!

We have had the typical challenges of having a newborn - lost sleep, new family interactions, high expectations (mine of myself). In addition to this, Logan has had some tummy issues that have been a little challenging. He spits up, a ton, and his tummy definitely hurts him often. Usually he spits up the most in the middle of the night, straight down my chest or my neck...sanctification in progress, I suppose. ;) My wonderful sister has been a huge help to me, walking me through eliminating certain foods to see if he's sensitive to anything, and it seems to be helping in the past few days. We'll see!

Overall, we're doing very well - loving this new season...one where we're both home, a lot. It's been refreshing to spend time together, and in our home. We are feeling greatly blessed!

I love being a momma. It is so much more than I ever thought it would be! It definitely has challenges, for sure - but I love it. All the rough nights and days are more than made up for when he snuggles into me and falls asleep, or makes eye contact with me, or any of the other number of cute things he does! I love him so much.

I'm hoping to catch up in the next few weeks on posting, updating pictures, etc. I still can't believe that 5 weeks have gone by without 1 post. We're still here, I promise!

3 comments:

clinton-family said...

Haha- you will eventually get back to where you can blog, email and even talk on the phone for more than 2 min.! We are so happy for you both and we look forward to watching Logan grow and change. What a joy it is.......and ALL worth it.....hard to belive that God gives us this priveledge considering how badly we can screw things up sometimes! What mercy!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, that's so hard to know about the food thing. My boys had a horrible gas reaction to me eating blueberries. Apparently one of the most GASSY fruits ever. Just so you know!! :)

Melissa said...

Glad you're settling in. Can't wait to see the little guy again soon! (And his parents, I suppose!!)