Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Baby Room!

This weekend Danny, his brothers, and his dad spent all day Saturday working on our nursery. I was at work all day, and I came home to a completely different room!!!


When I left - this is what it looked like - yes, along with the pile of junk in the middle of the room.


This is what it looked like sometime in the middle of the day....

And this is what it looked like when I got home!

I absolutely love the room :) It's perfect! I'm always a little afraid that things I like in my head won't look like I imagine them, and it'll already be done, so I won't be able to change it!
My wonderful mother has graciously agreed to make the curtains and a crib skirt for me, and I found the perfect fabric here! I'm excited to see how it looks in the end - and it's been fun to watch it start to come together!
Well...that was Saturday. Sunday was a little bit more of an adventurous day. I was supposed to work on Sunday night, so I was able to go to church on Sunday (a great blessing, especially on a weekend that I'm working!) Unfortunately, I started feeling strange partway through, and began to suspect that I was having some contractions closer to the end of church.
Well, after coming home, resting and drinking water, they had not stopped, but were in fact becoming more regular. So...we spent the next few hours in the hospital. The monitor confirmed the contractions. They did some labs, one of which predicts delivery within the next 2 weeks - which was thankfully negative! My doctor sent us home with instructions to take it easy for a few days, call out of work, and call her today.
The contractions have continued, they kind of come and go with intensity and frequency. Because they're not continuing to get stronger, I will be returning to work on Thursday, but only for 8 hour shifts, not the normal 12.
We are increasingly thankful for God's grace in keeping our little one safe, but I would be lying if I said that we aren't a little anxious as well.
Because of all this, Danny stayed home with me yesterday, and rather than sitting being anxious, we decided that Danny would work on the baby's room some more, with my "supervision" and company. :)

Danny working on the crib


My small amount of assistance :) I wanted to be involved at least in some part!

The final product!!!
We love it - and look forward to lying our little one in this crib, rocking in this room, and adding more designs to the walls, depending on what this little one is!
There's a lot going on here in our house these days, but we're trusting and thanking God for each moment, trying to relish these last months as just the two of us, and looking forward to the day we get to meet our little one - just not too soon!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Very happy!! Jacob likes the crib. :) He said if he were a baby he'd love to sleep in it!

Libby said...

LOVE the crib (and entire room!!!)!! yay, so hard to believe we're at the "must have baby room ready" stage. Praying for God's grace as you are enduring the contractions and restrictions.

Leanne said...

Love the room! Don't love the contractions! :)

Continuing to pray for you.

Anonymous said...

I love the color of the room and the fabric. I love green, and that shade's lovely. I've been praying God will help keep that little baby inside until the right time!

Anonymous said...

We've been praying, too. Beautiful crib, it's really one of the prettiest cribs I've ever seen! The green is also a great color.