Sunday, January 6, 2008

Pleading for grace

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and it's a concept I'd really like to apply to my life more this year.

Background - On Christmas day, I was driving back to Frederick from work (I worked from 3-11). I was fairly upset, frustrated, and wishing that somehow it could've worked out for me to not have to work on that day.

So...I heard a song that somewhere in it had the line "I'm pleading for grace". I remember nothing else, and I didn't really think anything of it at the time. A little later in the drive, I started thinking about it more. How often, in hard situations do I plead for God's grace? More often than not, I simply ask the Lord to change my situation, remove me from it, or make things go differently. When I thought about it, I realized that what I should be/want to be doing is pleading, not just casually asking, but pleading for grace to get through it! If that is where God has me, I don't want to get out of it - I want to get through it!

This year, I want to spend more time thanking God for difficulties and pleading for His grace to get me through. I'm not likely to do it on my own - so if you hear me doing the opposite - would you remind me of this?

3 comments:

Leanne said...

An excellent point. Reminds me of what it means to be persistent in prayer, which is an area that could definitely use some growth for me!

And yes, if I hear you doing something else, I'll say something...

Anonymous said...

I SO agree with you on that - not just for you, but for me as well. I don't just try to escape a situation, but I just might whine about it more than I know pleases Him! (since no whining pleases Him!) Anyway, I'd appreciate the same help.....

And, what's the song?

LY MOM

Sacha said...

Good point of view. thanks for sharing!! Glad to have found you in blog land too : )