Monday, January 28, 2008

Grace

Last night I was definitely given an extra measure of grace - and I am so thankful!

Little bit of background...this past week, I had the pleasure of "playing mommy" for my nephew Ethan while his mommy had his little brother (pictures to follow soon!). However, with a nice stretch off from work, it is often difficult to come back, especially when my first day back is a weekend.
Last night was no different. Being a saturday, I wanted nothing more than to cuddle up with my hubby to a movie in the evening, or go out with some friends, just about anything would have been better than coming to work on a saturday night. So...when I got here and was informed that I would be moving to a different unit (the peds floor) for the evening, it was one bit more frustrating. I still felt okay about it - and they gave me a baby assignment, which was definitely appreciated! However, I was greatly disoriented, I felt disorganized, and the staff on the floor was less than helpful, to say the least.
For many other reasons, I was overwhelmed, frustrated, and just generally unhappy about this assignment for the night. Initially I did what seems to come naturally first to me, I called Danny on my first break. He was there to provide encouragement, as always, and prayed for me before I got off the phone. Later on - I was able to get in touch with him again, and he gave some verses to think on. At this point, I really was not sure how I would get through the shift, as I was way out of my comfort zone, and for some reason, extremely bothered bythe whole thing.
Somewhere around 4:30, I realized that my shift was beginning to come to a close, and that I had experienced definite peace and comfort through the night, and that my Jesus had indeed given strength when I was weak, and His grace and mercy to walk me through the night.

Just thought I'd share this with you - hope it encourages you - He is always there to meet us and give grace when we ask - and things are much more easily done in His strength than in mine.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Isn't it so nice when He loves us that way??

A girl who sees said...

It is!! What a blessing :)

Leanne said...

Thank you - I needed that. Things are absolutely nuts at work. So if you feel the need to share some of those verses, send me an e-mail! (or put a comment on my blog)