Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Home again

Well, after 5 days in wonderful sunny, 75 degree California, the dream had to end, and I flew home yesterday. The remainder of our time was absolutely wonderful. We spent endless hours on the beach, reading, napping, and just chatting.

Saturday morning, we rented bikes and rode along the bike path that runs along the coast. We stopped several times to take a break and rest on the beach. Then, on Sunday morning, we met up with Danny's coworker and our landlord, Katherine, and went hiking somewhere up past Malibu. It was SO cool to be climbing through the mountains, and looking at the ocean at the same time!

These last 5 days were so refreshing for us! Starting this job, our schedule has been really hectic, and we have not gotten much time together just the two of us. It was wonderful to be able to relax, sleep in, talk, snuggle, talk more, watch movies together, and not have anything we were responsible for doing for that long!

Sadly enough, dreams can't last forever, and I'm home now, and Danny's not. :( He is in his training class until thursday, and comes home on Friday. So, until then, I'm here in this big house in this scary city by myself! I tried today to get everything done and ready for the rest of the week (laundry, lunches, etc.) because I have to work wednesday, thursday, and friday this week. Usually by the time I get home from that, I'm pretty exhausted, and very hungry! It'll be a hard few days, but that vacation was totally worth it.

I'll upload pictures sometime when Danny gets home, he still has the cameras, with all the pictures on them!

3 comments:

Preacher's Trip said...

Glad it was such a great trip midget! You were on the beach while I was drowning in Junior High History and Second Grade Math...a beach? What's that?? haha! ly

Anonymous said...

Sounds WONDERFUL! Glad you had a relaxing time. We're going to the beach in two weeks and I can't wait! I won't be able to be in the water as much as I'd like (love body surfing) but it'll be wonderful to get away. Josh especially needs to get away and rest.

Matt said...

Sounds fantastic. Thanks for the postcard. We would love to see pictures!! And to see you guys too!