Tuesday, May 8, 2007

What a wonderful Day

Last week, Danny had asked if there was anything going on on saturday, and then told me to keep the day free. As many of you may know, I LOVE surprises, and my wonderful husband surprises me all the time, even just with small things. Well, he did actually end up telling me on thursday where we were going. These last few weeks of school are really hard, and I was needing something fun to look forward to.

We left around 10 in the morning, and went up towards Philadephia to Longwood Gardens. For those of you who have not heard of it, it is an amazing place! There are 1,050 acres of gardens, some indoors, some outdoors. The flowers were absolutely amazing. They were having a wine and jazz festival that day, and the weather was absolutely perfect! We spent the day walking around in the midst of beautiful gardens, finally getting time just to talk and enjoy time together. I will try to post some pictures later - I haven't figured that out yet!

We were home in enough time to grill outside for dinner (one of my favorite things about the new house) and snuggle up on the couch to watch a movie. It was definitely a refreshing day, one that was desperately needed in the midst of all this schoolwork. I love having time to spend with my hubby, and any time away from schoolwork is greatly appreciated as well!

***15 days left until graduation!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! Remember when I mentioned that Cherilyn and I were going to stop somewhere on the Thursday after your grad? Longwood is the place...we are looking forward to it too. But I'm looking more forward to seeing you graduate!