Monday, February 16, 2009

Some of the best days of my life!

These have been some of the best days of my life. I have been very sleepy, in a certain level of pain for a while, and felt emotions I didn't know existed. I have gotten to the end of many days and wondered what on earth I've done all day! I've never questioned myself as much as these last 2 months. Time after time I've thought I just couldn't do it for one more second. I couldn't go through one more contraction, one more push, one more step. I didn't know how I could handle one more middle of the night feeding, one more sleepless night, one more time being spit up ALL over, or one more day where he doesn't nap well.

But you know what? I have. By the grace of God, I've done it. And you know what else? I'd do it again, and Lord willing, I will. I love it. I love every second of being this little man's momma, being my hubby's wife and a homemaker. It's hard, and it's different, but it's what I was made for.

Day after day our little man is a delight and a joy to me. He is growing so fast I can't believe it. I constantly wish that I could just slow it down. I can't believe how quickly these last 2 months have gone! These days are fleeting, but so much fun. I am trying to soak in every second, because I know they will be gone before I know it. The days that I feel the most content are not the ones when I get to the end and the laundry is done, dinner was good and on time, the house is clean, emails and blogs are updated. No, the days I love the most are spent snuggling, playing "aahhh" (cooing back and forth at each other), reading books to a little man who has no idea what I'm saying, and even spending time just watching him play.

I am so amazingly blessed to be in this place. These are days I've anticipated, and I'm lovin' it! I am so grateful that God has chosen to give me these days.

Psalm 37:4 ~ Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

2 comments:

mom said...

Love the new look on your blog! But more than that, I love you loving on Logan and Danny! MOM

Melissa said...

Those are good reminders we all need. Feel free to remind me of the right priorities whenever you'd like!