Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pediatrician

So...the other day, I had a slight panic moment when I realized that I have yet to choose a doctor for this baby! I have NO idea how to go about this process - so I thought I'd turn to you all for help!

For my local friends: Do any of you have a pediatrician/family practice doc that you love? I'd like to stay as close to the city as possible - but I'd be willing to drive to White Marsh or Towson.

For my out of town friends: What do you look for in a pediatrician? Do you go and interview them? How does this whole process work? Do you prefer a straight pediatrician, or a family practice doc?

Thanks ladies!!! Guess I should start to figure this stuff out :)

3 comments:

Libby said...

I have been going to a family practice and absolutely LOVE the doctor that I see. I knew that I wanted her to be our pediatrician as well. She has young children, so can easily relate, is very caring, has always fit me in that day for an appointment if needed. I never wait longer than 5 minutes to see her...the list goes on and on. We actually had the other dr. visit us in the hospital and we love her just as much (hadn't met her before), but she'll be Isabel's dr. because we LOVE her-she's young as well, has young kids, and has shown genuine interest in us. Ok, enough rambling! good luck in your search my friend!

Anonymous said...

No fret. I didn't pick a pediatrician (Bright Oaks Pediatrics) until the day I went into labor! Our pediatrician has Saturday meet & greets with whatever dr is on that day. There are 5 doctors and 1 P.A. in the practice. I've seen 3 of the doctors and REALLY like 2 of them. They promise that you'll be "in and out" in an hour-and I have been all of the times we've been. I don't know if you are willing to travel to Harford County (in Bel Air, behind The Festival Shopping Center) but I highly recommend them!

Also, please don't think I'm weird that I follow your blog ;) I know we've only met once-at your wedding-but I enjoy keeping up with you, Danny & your pregnancy! Good luck with everything.

Laura Lathroum

clinton-family said...

I went with The Pediatric Center just because they have so many offices and so many doctors and we never have trouble getting in to see them. I like that it is accessible and easy and close. I would say that is one of the most important things.....if baby Cole is every sick and you need to go in quickly you don't want to be stressing out about him/her on a 3=20/30 min drive the entire time! You will find one, and if you don't like them within the first few weeks, the good thing is you can switch!