Monday, December 3, 2007

Lovin' Christmas

Pretty much my whole life, I have loved christmas. This year has not changed that fact one bit! I love the decorations, the family time, time off to reflect on our Lord, and the joy that seems to be more present during this season!

This year, I found myself committed to a bunch of different christmas activities. This past Saturday, I decorated a table for our ladies' christmas breakfast at church (using mostly my mom's things). I will try and remember to post a picture as soon as I get them. I am also planning our christmas social for caregroup, and having a christmas party at our house.

I am excited about all of these activities! We put up our tree this weekend, it's not decorated yet, but will be soon! I am going christmas shopping with my mom tomorrow, and will spend more time decorating for the rest of the week.

For our christmas social and christmas party, instead of doing a meal, we'll be doing "heavy hors d'ouevres". Does anybody have any recipes for yummy, kind of fancy hors d'ouevres like this?

Hoping you all are enjoying this season as much as I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You're getting me in the spirit! Here's a really easy one: water chestnuts, wrapped in 1/2 piece of bacon (stick a toothpick through it), brushed with BBQ sauce, and stuck under the broiler for a few minutes...these DISAPPEAR at our parties! :-)

Anonymous said...

I make something similar, only with hotdogs wrapped in bacon. You take a hotdog and cut it up into 3 or 4 pieces so that they're bite sized. Then you wrap them in bacon and stick with a toothpick. Arrange them in a baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon and bake or broil on low until the bacon is cooked. Not healthy but so good.