Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My wonderful birthday!

Wow...this week has been crazy!

Last week, on Monday, I turned 23. Growing up, birthdays were a HUGE deal in my family. We were allowed to pick the meal for the night, and I (unlike my other siblings, I believe) have never had to go to school on my birthday (except for college!)

Well, this year, I was blessed with an amazing day! I did not have to work (Thank you Lord) but Danny did, or so I thought. I was expecting a fairly normal day at home, with a nice evening out with my husband. A few weeks before, my dear friend Shelbie asked if I could spend the day with her. I was excited to do so, but not excited about being picked up at 8 o'clock! Shouldn't a girl get to sleep in on her birthday!?

Well, Danny and I got up together, got ready, and he left for work. He was overly happy all morning, so I thought something was up. At 8 o'clock, the doorbell rang, and I opened it to find my husband with a big smile, two cups of coffee and muffins for us! Shelbie's getting together with me was just a placeholder for the day, so I wouldn't plan something else!

My wonderful hubby took me to Lancaster PA for the day to spend time at the outlets. I LOVE outlet malls, WAY more than a regular mall. We had a wonderful day, the weather was wonderful, and the sales were great too!

Mid-afternoon, we went to an Amish bakery that he had found for a snack, and we ate dinner on our way home at Smokey Joe's in York PA. I had my favorite dinner of ribs and a baked potato. The day was way over my points - but I decided to write them off for the day and just enjoy my time.

We had a wonderful day - it was a wonderful gift! I got tons of phone calls from family and friends, and was very blessed to have such a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danny's very creative! Kudos to him, great idea!

Hope you had a great day. Happy Birthday! Birthdays were always a big deal growing up too. We always pancakes for breakfast and to pick the meal for dinner. I can't wait to make birthday traditions with my boys.