Monday, June 18, 2007

Changes to be made...

Well, I signed up for the NCLEX this morning (the nursing licensure exam). I will be testing on July 12th at 3 o'clock. Over these next 3 1/2 weeks, I could use prayer for several things.
  • First, that I would keep God first in this time. I have always struggled with having consistent quiet times, and I would like to develop this as a habit and a desire over the next 5 weeks before I start work.
  • Secondly, that I would use this time productively. Having just finished school, it is tempting to spend this time doing whatever I feel like doing, which most often (okay always) is not studying! I would much rather spend time with family, friends, cleaning my house, seeing my horse, etc. However, I need to do well on this exam, and want to be well prepared.
  • Thirdly, that I would retain the information that I am studying! There is SO much that I need to know for this test, and it covers most of my college careeer. While I do know most of this stuff, there are a lot of areas that can be confusing or just hard to remember!

Thanks for praying - feel free to ask me too how it's going, and how disciplined I am being!

3 comments:

Matt said...

I will pray daily for these things, Kjirstin. I'm sure that you'll do very well on the exam...you have a history of doing whatever you do very well. I am STILL so proud of you for finishing college and for finishing well. It will be really neat to watch you and Danny in this next season of life (now that you're both out of school.

Daniel Cole said...

Amen to that Matt. I'm so excited for you Kjirstin to not have school hanging over your head. I'm confident that you will be a blessing at others as a nurse!

And I must say my honey got a raise before she even started... that's how awesome she is :)

Anonymous said...

Praying often for you, babe! And confident that you'll do great!

I join with Matt and D in being proud of you for the accomplishments you've already had, and look forward to hearing positive results in this as well!
LY LY LY