Wednesday, June 6, 2007

How can I begin....

I can't even imagine being able to describe these last three weeks! I have so much to write about and so many pictures. I'll give you a rundown now, and then I'll have to do more in-depth later with pictures when I have a little more time.

Let's see....graduation! This was a blast of a week, having all my family in was so much fun. A little cramped in our little rowhome, but we managed alright. It was pretty crazy, with a lot of running around the two days of pinning and graduation, but it was a good time. We spent a day at the zoo in DC, or half a day really, because we got lost. It was great to see everybody, and thank you all for coming to celebrate with me! It doesn't feel totally real yet that I'm done with school FOREVER, but I imagine it will as the days go by.

Then, last Thursday (the 31st) Danny and I caught a plane at 3:30 to fly to Bermuda to celebrate our first anniversary (woohoo!). Wow. What a beautiful island. The beaches were more beautiful than any I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of beaches! We spent the first day just on the beach, and then on Saturday, we rented a moped and rode around the island. It was so much fun! It took a little time to get used to driving on the left side of the road, but the cars coming at you on the right helped that process along. :) We went to see the beautiful Horseshoe Bay, and rode all over the island. One of our favorite parts of Bermuda is that you can actually interact with the people and the culture more than other islands. When we were in the Dominican Republic last year, we were just on our resort (which was amazing, don't get me wrong!) the whole time. Even there, there were so many different languages, we couldn't really talk to anyone. It was great in Bermuda to feel safe all over, not worry about the food or water, and to interact with the locals!

This week, being back, I'm taking a Kaplan review course for the nursing board exam (NCLEX). It's pretty intense, but seems like it will be really helpful.

I'll try to get pictures up soon from everything, and will be posting a LOT more now that I'm back and settling into a normal life without school!!!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Glad you're back safely and back to blogging again. I'm still really proud of you and will pray for you as you begin to prep for your nursing exam.

Hi to Danny!