Friday, October 8, 2010

6 years!!




   6 years ago (tomorrow), you were the guy who made my day when you nervously leaned over at lunch and asked what I was doing afterwards, if maybe we could take a walk?  As if there was anything that would've stopped that!  I couldn't really give you a true answer, since that would've been something like "finding out what you're doing so I can figure out how to follow you there!" So we took our walk, and three hours later walked back around the lake to the rest of our friends as the new "CRU couple". 

   We took this picture not long after that!  Wow babe, did we look young!!  I was a lot skinnier, you had a little more hair.  ;) But you know what?  We have so much more!  Yeah, I'm a little (okay, a lot) chubbier, but you know what?  We are so blessed to have one beautiful little boy and another one we get to meet soon!  You might have a little less hair, but it's probably because that same little boy has pulled an awful lot of it out.  ;) 

   Most of the time, it's really hard for me to believe that it's only been 6 years!  You are such an important part of my life that it seems like it can't possibly only be 6 years, it must be a lifetime.  Seeing where these past 6 years have brought us, I can't wait to see where the rest of our lives will take us.  Even the last year has certainly not been what either of us would've expected! 

   I love you babe, I love our life together, I love our kids, and I am so grateful to our wonderful Jesus who has brought us to where we are, and will continue to lead us on.  Thank you for following after Him as you lead our family, and encouraging me to follow hard after Him as well.  I love you.

  

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow, 6 already? Seems like we were just attending your wedding! Congratulations!

A girl who sees said...

6 years ago we started dating :) We've been married for 4 1/2.

Libby said...

Very sweet! And I am sure Danny will agree, you are more beautiful today than that day 6 years ago...

Daniel Cole said...

6 Years! Wow. That's awesome! Could not ask for a better 6 years either. What an adventure together. Danielle, that was 6 years since we started dating, we only just rounded 4 years in June for marriage. And Libby, you are very right that Kjirstin is more beautiful to me today than any day before. :)

Love you babe, thanks for loving me.