Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Christmas to Remember

I wanted to take you on a little Christmas tour of our home! I absolutely love the Christmas season, and I get an amazing amount of joy out of the traditions found in this season, and being in my home with it all decorated! I've always wondered why I love this season so much, and I think that one of the reasons is that while I was growing up, everyone came home at Christmas! I love my family to death, and this was definitely a time I looked forward to.



Our little yellow house - our neighbors are probably thrilled that we've done something with the outside of the house - they pretty much decorate for EVERY holiday, and we haven't done anything at all!



I love this little reindeer! I got him last year after Christmas for just a few dollars I think :) Definitely one of the best times to buy decorations.


Come on in!


This is one of my favorite little decorations - and it's so simple. I just fill it with the trimmings off the bottom of the tree, and some berry picks that I got a few years ago.
Our tree! We always do a real tree - I love the smell and the fun of going out to get it. Living in the city does provide a little bit of an interesting scenario, since the only cute little place to get trees only had $60 trees! So...we drove to Home Depot, not quite as quaint as a little church setup, or a tree farm - but still fun!
Another of my favorite things. Setting up Mom's Christmas village was always my responsibility (and privilege) and our first year married she gave me the wonderful gift of two houses and a few people to start my own village.
My favorite flowers
Our centerpiece on the table - I love the warmth of candles in the winter.

Another of my favorite decorations. These letters were a gift last year from my sister, and I love them! Danny and his creative juices put the candles behind them - which I don't think I would've come up with, but I love it!
Our upstairs banister wrapped in garland. We didn't do much else upstairs, other than a few things set on each of our dressers, and a candle in the bathroom.


We did do one last fun thing though!! This is currently hanging on the baby's crib - just waiting for him or her to arrive! I can't believe that we're going to have a baby in this house for Christmas! The stocking holder is mine from growing up - I believe that Mom painted them for us?
In case you can't tell - we love Christmas around here! We feel greatly blessed this year, and every year :) Assuming this baby arrives before Christmas (which we can't imagine that he/she wouldn't), in the next two weeks, Danny will finish his MBA, we will have a baby, and I will get to spend the first whole Christmas with my family in 3 years!
God has been wonderful to us.
Thanks for coming through our house!

3 comments:

mom said...

Thanks for inviting me in! Even though I'll see it soon, it's fun to see it this way!

LY MOM

Melissa said...

Thanks for having us over! It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks so festive!! Sounds like you're going to have a wonderfully blessed Christmas.